
After 20 days in the NICU, 14 days of antibiotics, one central line, one isolette, and too many tears to count, my baby came home. I could barely contain myself as I walked into the hospital. So many emotions running through me. From joy to fear. But mostly I felt a sense of completion. This was it. This was what we had worked for and toward. This was the culmination of months of bedrest, numerous medications, and continued prayers. This moment was the pinnacle of my life to this point and the beginning of my family. This was the beginning of the rest of my life. As we walked out of the NICU, all 4 of us, the nurses were cheering. And as the tears rolled freely and rapidly down my cheeks, I took a deep breath. And for the first time, in a really
long time, I could breathe.
So, so, so happy for you guys! Definitely the beginning of the rest of your life. Congratulations on having your babies home where they belong!
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!! You did it! Congrats to all of you! Now the real fun begins. :)
ReplyDelete